It's quite surprising to see that my last post was August 2014, and here it is already the end of January 2015. Happy New Year, y'all!
What could possibly have happened to keep me so busy? Well, first there was this:
Yes, I finally finally finally finally finally landed a full-time, tenure-track position on the English faculty at Broward College. I thought it wouldn't be that much different than being an adjunct professor, but boy, did I misjudge that situation. It's not that it's harder than the nomadic adjunct life I'd been leading for three years, teaching part-time at three different colleges on five different campuses, but it is very different. Kind of like, um, starting a new job. It's been a blast, but it's also been extremely time consuming. Exhausting. Overwhelming. And, of course, fun, fun, fun.If you're curious about what being in my class is like, you can check out my class blog: Literature of the Supernatural: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. Be sure to leave comments for my students! My goal for the blog was to remove the idea that I'm the only reader of their work. So, world, please chime in!
As if that wasn't enough excitement for one semester, we also moved from South Beach to Hollywood, via a short month in a rental in Ft. Lauderdale during October. Here's a shot of the new homestead:
We now have a pool with more square footage than our old condo, so we're living life on a completely different scale now. Even my dad's joined in the fun and is living in our guest cottage.
Life is very different now than it was six months ago, but all the changes are for the good. I'm looking forward to many enjoyable years in my new job and my new house.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!